Tustin

Tustin is located in the North West corner of Osceola County in Burdell Township. William J. Townsend was the first settler in 1872. Dr. J.P. Tustin, a medical missionary, recruited 300 Swedish laborers for the Grand Rapids & Indiana (later the Pennsylvania) Railroad.

The town's name was changed from New Bleking to Tustin in his honor. Mr. Townsend was the first Postmaster.

Incorporated as a village in 1893, Tustin retains its small village atmosphere with a number of small business', churches, and a stop on the White Pine Rails-to-Trails State Park.